Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We've Added Music

As you can see by scrolling up, the title of this web journal has added a music component. Since Liz and I have just been watching depressing episodes of Mad Men Season 2 and depressing episodes of Notre Dame football, I have had very little to write about.

Since I started a "song of the day" email with a co-worker, I thought I would add a song of the day feature to this web log (I'm tired of b-l-o-g). I will try to update as frequently as possible.

The first band I have been listening to lately is Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. Described as a hippie version of the Arcade Fire, this song is incredibly catchy. I have heard this song on the radio quite a bit, and my hipster collegiate cousin listens to them so they must be cool. For reference, when I say "radio," I mean satellite radio. If FM radio inspired these posts, you would be forced to re-live 1998's big hits: Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Garth Brooks, etc.

Back to Edward Sharpe. I wanted to go see him on Dec 12 at the Great American Music Hall, but alas, the show is sold out. Craigslist time.

Enjoy:

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sold on Mad Men yet, not sure what the attraction is if you didn't live in that time. Don Draper is like Bruce Wayne without the batman alter-ego. I can't imagine what the show is like for people who have ever been smokers. If watching people smoke on TV is anything like what happens when I watch poker on TV it has to be terrible for smoking-recidivism.

    ReplyDelete