Monday, April 26, 2010

Bachelor/ette Favorite Moments Countdown (BFMC): Juan de la Mancha

In another new series of WWT posts, we will be writing about our favorite Bachelor/Bachelorette moments over the last few years in no specific order leading up to the May 24th season premiere. As a personal favorite, I am choosing to bring up Juan Barbieri from Bachelorette Jillian's season.


Great moments from Juan de la Mancha

1. There are many great Juan moments but Dugan's personal favorite came from the wonderfully contrived minds of ABC execs.  Whenever Juan would interrupt (which would happen frequently) Jillian with other man, the cameras would pan his entrance with Spanish themed matador music.  It was incredible.  And a tad racist.  

2. The fight with David over not taking a shot and breaking man-code.  Chevy Chase stars as Juan in this reenactment.



3. Juan's mom's obsession with marrying off her gay son.

4. The WWT blog even had a running question whether Juan would be the first Bachelorette contestant to find a lover from amid the other male contestants.  Alas, our bet was on Jake and he proved he was all man during last season's Bachelor.  I still prefer Juan over Vienna with Jake.

Please include your favorite Juan moments in the comments or even suggest favorite Bachelor and or Bachelorette moments to make sure they are included in the Countdown.

2 comments:

  1. Since I just wrapped up my rookie contract with WWT after two seasons of the Bachelor/ette (and am still waiting for management to decide on their 'team option' for my 3rd season) I can only pull from my limited foundation of contestants.

    Tanner P would have to come in at #1 on that list, edging out Wes (due to over-exposure) and Crazy Eyes. I would personally like to see an expose on Corrie. I can't believe the Virgin-Farter wasn't more of a fan favorite. Just me, I guess?

    If WWT picks up their option on me for my 3rd season, I'm hoping for a Mid-Level exception deal after Ali's journey of love. My agent will be noting my hilarious comments and in depth analysis (also highlighted will be the Vienna call after the first episode of Jake's season for her being most Man-like)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh....mikeymalz, where have you been? I am looking forward to your entry on our Bachelor Feature. Wags promised that some time ago.

    ReplyDelete