Monday, July 16, 2012

The Bachelorette: Castoffs Race to Get Airtime

On Sunday, Mrs. Wags said to me, what are we doing this week?  I replied, "I'm not sure, but I definitely will be watching the Bachelorette MTA (men tell all) tomorrow."  She quickly said, "I'm not watching that sh*t."  Whoa whoa whoa.  We're one step closer to duganandwagstv.blogspot.com

Don't worry fans.  We only have one TV.  Thus, let the show begin.  

Though this is the Bachelorette MTA, it's really just the last chance for the guys to audition to be on the Bachelor Pad.  Better make a good (i.e. crazy) impression for Fleiss and Co.

The show started with a three minute teaser showing the men telling all.  After seeing it, I feel that I don't really need to watch the rest of the episode.  But I will.  If not for me; for Ricki.

According to Emily, Ricki has not been effected by the show at all.  I checked the New England Journal of Medicine: studies show that reality show children don't start showing negative signs until they get to college.  Watch out sophomore year:


Chris B. Harrison interviewed Emily and showed the blooper reel.  Emily spilled wine on her dress and swore during her date with Joe.  Egg Man made Emily sing Twinkle Twinkle to his egg.  Indy Arie's brothers spied on them as they made out (as awkward as it sounds).  Bobblehead Chris danced like I do (tall and poorly).

Bachelor Pad Preview


Tempers will flare this season on the Bachelor Pad.  They previewed someone wielding a knife.  There are strangers/super fans joining the season.  Kalon, Plywood Tony, and Bobblehead made it from this season.  Good choices?  I'm not sure.  I would have preferred Uncle Rico Ryan, Fr. Doug, or Trauma Charlie to go along with Bobblehead Chris.

MTA


There are some total losers on this stage.  This sums up my expression as I watch this:


Just kidding.  I look more like this:


Bobblehead Chris picked the first fight of the night. He is still hung up on the "maturity" issue.  He boasted to the other guys on the dais that he made it further than anyone else.

The fight turned to Kalon and his bad attitude.  Trauma Charlie said "Dude, I wanted to (bleeping') knock you out, dude."  What an insensitive thing for a guy that recently suffered a massive head injury to say.

I was always surprised that Kourtney let Kalon go on the Bachelorette.


The focus turned to Uncle Rico, hated for his confident attitude and strangely coiffed beard.  Uncle Rico kept talking about how great he is and how he is a football player.  ABC was more interested in Uncle Rico than the NFL:



Ryan Bowers  
Height: 6-2   Weight: 210   Age: 31
Born: 8/6/1980
College: Presbyterian
Experience: 0 Season
REC
0
YDS
0
AVG
0.0
TDS
0
CAREER STATSMORE
This player does not have any statistics...


Non-sequitur: how do we get tickets to be in the studio audience?  How great would it be if Dugan and I could be in the audience amongst all the ladies hoping to score a date with lovable loser Sean?


Bobblehead Chris (4th place Chris, Anger Management Chris) was up next on the hot seat.  Chris once again proved that he does not seem like the kind of guy that handles the "ex" role very well.  Seems like he might show up at your doorstep in the rain...with a bat.


Chris said he might seem angry because everything he does is for love, and that he's "lost a couple friends."  This guy is not stable.

Sean, every lady's favorite, joined Harrison on the main stage.  He believes in true love after heart break.  Snooze.

Finally, Emily joined Harrison on stage.  Mrs. Wags thinks Emily is possibly the most relaxed, self-assured Bachelorette or Bachelor of all time.  I think I agree.

There were lots of apologies back and forth between Emily and the guys.  BUT, when Kalon attempted to apologize, Emily called him on being full of crap because she saw on twitter that Kalon had recently called Ricki "baggage" (again).  Lesson: don't insult Ricki.  Emily will take you down.

MTA ended with more bloopers.

Until next week with Neil Lane.

1 comment:

  1. I think I am with lizkarwags on this one. Men Tell All is so bad. It's awful. Unwatchable. When DirecTv started to go out because it was drizzling in south florida (go figure), I wasnt even upset. But yeah, I watched.

    Looking forward to the finale.

    ReplyDelete