Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Bad Economy Hits the Bachelorette


Last night was a sad episode of the Bachelorette. House-favorite Ed decided to go home. He chose his j-o-b over a lifetime of Canadian happiness with Jillian. Everything made sense until Ed was about to leave and he asked Jillian for one more request. "May I keep this rose?" Uhhhh...whatever Ed. Go ahead. Jillian is still going to give out the same number of roses dude. You can't control Jillian's life anymore Ed. You're dead to us.

In more uplifting news, my Bachelorette dream may still come true. Break Dance Instructor Mike is still in the competition. Jillian appears very close to saying those thirteen special words, "I never thought I would fall in love with a break dance instructor." It's all I want for Christmas. Just say it Jillian.

Guess what I heard? Love don't come easy. But I do not know the next line of the song. Let's hear it Wes!

Let's see what guest blogger Dugan had to say about the episode:


"Hello Bachelorette Fans, Dugan's back for some more.

"I want to keep it. I don't think anyone should have it"


And with that, Ed left Canada with his rose and a job, but no Jillian. This recession knows no bounds. Devastating news as Ed (a.k.a. Tom Cavanagh) must give up the chance of love and return to filming Scrubs, Eli Stone and Trust Me. Considered a favorite in the Dugan house for the final four - this was tough news for us to hear. However, he ended it like a true 9 yr old explaining that he would not give the rose back. Breaking Jillian's heart and stealing her roses. Slick, Ed.

Joining Ed on an early visit to US Customs was Mark. Alas, all we know about Mark is that Jillian preferred him over Gaston on last week's one on one. And that Mark has been a big contributor in something to watch for the rest of this season - the casual dress of the participants at the rose ceremony. Jillian walks out to these events in Oscar gowns and we have Mark in jeans and an untucked shirt, Jesse's whatever the hell that was, Wes' giddyup outfit. However, all were trumped by Tanner's crushed velvet jacket. WINNER! I also loved Tanner in Summer Catch.
Moving on, let's talk about some of the one on ones this week. We have Breakdancer Michael on a zip line date with Jillian. Is he this year's Jesse? The fun-loving, outside of the box guy that causes the girl to overlook numerous flaws. Mrs. Dugan is convinced Michael is a live cartoon character and not a real person. I can't put my finger on which Jim Carrey character he is most like. Late in the date he was compared to a puppy. Good thing...if the bachelorette was 12. This date ended with my favorite part of this week's episode. THE RIDICULOUS HOT CHOCOLATE MUGS. They were larger than their heads. I have never seen a coffee mug that can hold the equivalent of a Super Double Big Gulp. Where does one even find something like this? I love how ABC glosses over the comedy. Please, someone send a picture.

I'll try to wrap this up as it was a rather unexciting episode if the best part was coffee mugs. Jesse had the glacier date where they decided to write their names in snow. Oops, way too difficult. Let’s just go with first letters of our names. Jesse also claims to be a wine maker but he drinks beer on every date while others are shown drinking wine. Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmm?" Perhaps he's a cork dork and ABC is providing the two buck chuck.

Reid, Kiptyn and Wes are battling it out for the teeny bopper inside Jillian. She turns to mush when they are around. In the short clip with Kiptyn, she asked him to feel her butt, saying "i like you, do you like me," sucked some face, then raved about their conversation. Wes openly discussed his new album coming out. I was on the edge of my seat hoping he would blurt out "It drops the 3rd week of June, Ya'll." No such luck. Bartender Robby got crushed by his fellow suitors. They claimed he was no threat, immature, drinks too much and never had a job. OUCH. Jake is truly lost without Juan. You can tell he really misses him. As do we all.

Previews looked great for next week’s episode."

1 comment:

  1. Tim, can you give some more insight on your feelings for breakdancing Mike? I get that his job is great. Is that enough for you? He's dangerously close to annoying me more than making me like him? Please convert me.

    ReplyDelete