Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Bachelorette: Doublemint Edition, Hour Three

So last night I was very excited to watch the two hour premiere of the Bachelorette, thinking it would be the only episode until next week.  I had my once-a-week whiskey and ice cream.  Much to my excitement (and horror), I get to celebrate tonight with an additional hour of the Bachelorette.  It's double the bachelorettes and double the desserts.  I guess it's technically 50% more Bachelorette and 100% more desserts.  (Unrelated side note: Mrs. Wags does not seem pleased that we are turning off the Pitch Perfect marathon to watch more Bachelorette).  (Related side note: Have I ever admitted on the blog that I pretty much force Mrs. Wags to watch the Bachelorette?).

Enough about me, let's figure out who our Bachelorette is going to be.

The show resumed at the cocktail party.   With fifty five minutes left in the episode, Harrison revealed to Britt that the guys saw a future with Kaitlyn and not with her.  Britt got in the stretch limo (excessive for one person?) and cried (shocker).

Extra leg space for Britt's tears

Harrison told Kaitlyn that she won.  I feel like America also won.  I take that back.  She's Canadian, so North America won.

Sorry Greenland

Welder Joshua gave Kaitlyn a steel rose.  She loved that he built it because it said, "I'm a man!"  Kaitlyn is going to be a fun Bachelorette. 

The guys started scrambling for the first impression rose.  It seems like a really diverse crowd of guys, with a startling number of fitness trainers.  

Tony The Dude was not as excited because he was in the "hardcore Britt" camp.  He said he was confused.  I think he might be confused because he has a residual concussion from that black eye.  

Chris Quinn Jared admitted that he voted for Britt.  

Federal Prisoner JJ said he was 1000% in for Kaitlyn.  Expressing a percentage above 100% is a pet peeve of mine.  Earlier he said that he was 1000% in for Britt.  Apparently his tendency to lie did not get rehabilitated in prison.

Federal prison is the best

Dr. Chris Harris, DDS got the first kiss.  I'll bet he has good breath because he always uses mouthwash and flosses, as required by himself.

Ugly Gosling one-upped DDS Harris by getting the first impression rose and two kisses.  Mrs. Wags thinks they should just end the season now and give the final rose to Ugly Gosling.  

The rose ceremony followed shortly after, proving this show really could be just one hour per week.

Rose Receivers in addition to Ugly Gosling

DDS Chris Harris
Ben H.
Federal Prisoner JJ
American Pharaoh Joe
King Koopa
Daniel
Welder Joshua
The Dude Tony

At this point, Singer Brady pulled Britt aside and interrupted the rose ceremony.  There are no rules on this show.  Why doesn't every dude just do whatever they want?  Dugan, how about we write a strategy guide for how to succeed on this show?  (We'll discuss offline).



Forget what I just wrote.  Singer Brady left the show because he liked Britt more.  Though I do not respect his minor league baseball career or singing career, I have to respect his exit.

Back to the roses:

Clint aka Thor
40 year old Corey (Kaitlyn used his full name when she called him up.  I cannot remember this ever happening)
Jonathan
Other Cory (She used his full last name.  I only remember this happening one other time in Bachelor history)
Ben C. (no full last name.  I do not know what to think anymore)
Tanner Dog
HitnRun Ian
Justin
Chris Quinn Jared (Usually the last rose is the Fleiss & Co. producer pick.  I think our man Chris Quinn is going to provide some crazy this season)

Early exits went to:

The Amateur Sex Coach (DAMMIT)
David
Bradley
Magic Josh (Goodbye to our first good nickname)

Overall, I am fairly pleased with the direction this season is going.

Until next week...

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is that I'm so glad Britt is gone. She would have made the next 12 weeks unbearable. I would have demanded that we boycott the show and only watch the Women in Charge Collection.

    Quote of the Post: "I'll bet he has good breath because he always uses mouthwash and flosses, as required by himself."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me an extra day but the Mrs. and I watched last night. I don't feel I have to coerce as much as you do with lizkarwags.

    I was ambivalent about Britt v. Kaitlyn. Not that I liked Britt in any way. I would have hate watched the show much like Jake Pavelka's season. I also had high hopes for the drama she would bring....but did you see the previews for the season? Woa.

    Did you see how light it was when the guys were kicked off the show? I think that adds insult to injury that you pulled an all nighter to get dumped.

    I think we lost a good nickname last night. The amateur sex coach looked like Fat Ian Ziering.

    ReplyDelete