Tuesday, March 31, 2009

American Idol: Final 9 (with your fingers)

Just finished watching all 1 hour, 25 minutes of American Idol. The aspiring light rock/less talk singers all got to choose their own songs. All of their songs were supposed to be Top 40. I obviously missed the point of this requirement. I figured they meant current Top 40. Instead, we were treated to any Top 40 song from the past 30 years. Liz and I decided that "Don't Speak" probably came out when we were juniors in high school, about 5 years ago. There was really no rhyme or reason to the song selection.

I have two abnormal observations this week that are unrelated to anything important on the show.

1) I love seeing the random celebrity shots in the audience each week. This week was especially random. There were two celebrities that I noticed. The camera panned to one of the celebrities very quickly with her family. The second celebrity was sitting behind Randy Jackson the whole episode. Did you see them? Look below for their photos.

2) I have a HUGE American Idol pet peeve. It will influence how I vote every week. I am deeply annoyed when the contestants use their fingers to indicate the phone number you should call. It insults our intelligence. We know what the number is. Seacrest told us, and the number is at the bottom of the screen. This means I will vote for Danny Gokey and Adam Lambert because they did not flash their numbers. Unfortunately, all other contestants were in violation.




Did you guess correctly?


No comments:

Post a Comment