Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lost: Changed Viewing Habits



I have been watching Lost since the beginning. My favorite part(s) of each show is the anticipation of what will happen before the "thuds." You know what I mean. At the end of the opening scene and last scene of the show, something that starts with an "S" usually happens - - - shock, suspense, splendor, story. You watch the show so you get the point.



I watch Lost in a different way this season. I blame two members of the 5WSNBN. (For their privacy, I'll call them Lola and Soggy Bottom). On Thursdays, the saddest days of the week because it's 6 days until Wednesday, we all tend to discuss a very basic question: Did you like Lost last night?



Since I tend to blindly enjoy every episode, I am always perplexed by why people don't like an episode. Lola and Soggy Bottom routinely have a definitive (and united) answer. They like episodes where something "happens."


When I watch Lost now, I try to figure out whether viewers, especially Lola and Soggy, are going to be yay or nay on the episode.


My guess is that they only thought last night was so-so.






1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it has taken me until now to comment on this entry. My only comment is that this 'Soggy' person you speak of sounds like a handsome, charming guy.
    - Vince

    ReplyDelete