Saturday, February 7, 2009

Oceanic 7

There were 7 of us. I was there with my bride. There were 5 others with us for the full 2 1/2 hours. I will refer to them as the "5WSNBN" (5-who-shall-not-be-named) in order to protect their identities.

Liz, the 5WSNBN, and I agreed that we would lie to the world. We would never reveal our secret.

This blog post finally exposes what was previously kept a secret for the last 18 hours: We saw "He's Just Not That Into You."

In a theater the size of AT&T Park upper-reserved section 325, we saw one of the most frustratingly predictable films of the year.

Admission: I used to watch Sex and the City when it was on TV. If this movie were an episode of Sex and the City, it would have been the worst episode of season 1.

Before the movie, one of the 5WSNBN thought that I might say that I didn't like the movie even if I really did like it. I could have seen this as a real possibility. Fortunately, I didn't have to fake it.

Reasons to avoid the movie:
1) Ben Affleck is the most likable male character.
2) It's rarely funny and the people sitting around you are probably going to be the funniest part.
3) It's not creative.
4) The Ram Jam is not part of it.
5) Scarlett Johansson's powers of seduction might break up YOUR relationship.

In closing, here is our story:

2 comments:

  1. What a gripping tale of survival! While I personally wasn't at the movie with the 7 of you, I'm glad to hear you made it through OK.

    I understand there is another book on the way from this author, "It's Called a Break-Up Because it's Broken." Does that mean a sequel is in your future?

    In closing, I was not one of the 7 at the movie on Friday.

    - Vince

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up. I offered to go with Mrs. Dugan. We'll take it off our list. Although Scarlett...

    ReplyDelete