Monday, January 4, 2010

Jake TONIGHT


In preparation for tonight's two-hour season premiere of the Bachelor: On the Wings of Love, I have collected predictions from Liz and Dugan. I also have a few of my own. We have made our predictions for this season before ever having seen an episode or reading a spoiler. Our predictions are based on our knowledge of who Jake is and what he stands for. Based on the following predictions, we do not think very highly of Jake. Feel free to add your own predictions in the comment space. We will review our predictions as they inevitably come true.


My Predictions

1) Wes will make at least one appearance as an "evil guest" who is meant to sabotage Jake in some way.

2) At least two women will leave the show because they just aren't that interested in Jake.

3) When Jake takes the women on the hometown date, Jake's hometown friends will be all women.

4) We will hear that Jake has been criticized as "too perfect" at least 5 times on the dramatic 2 hour season premiere.

5) Jake will cry more than any other previous Bachelor, and more than any previous Bachelorette (not sure how we measure this one, but I think we'll know it when we see it).


Liz's Predictions

1) Jake's mom will have a large role this season and greatly influence his selection process.

2) At least one male contestant among the 25 eligibles (ok, maybe all 25).

3) One of the contestants will have a fear of flying that Jake will strive help him/her overcome.

4) Jake will end up with a cougar.


Dugan's Predictions

1) This season will be the most dramatic and romantic ever.

2) Each episode will be the increasingly most difficult choice Jake has "ever had to make."

3) Horseback shirtless Jake, Jake Flying a one-on-one date, and a hospital visit due to alcohol poisoning - these are a few of myfavorite things.

4) The blog becoming main stream due to our hilarious insights into the show leading to our fabulous wealth and hiatus of our stellarlegal/teaching/charitable careers.

5) Rose mishaps. I picture some roses used as weapons and/or some error. Like the show flies to mexico and the can only find yellowroses for the ceremony.

6) I'll take the over on Tim's plus/minus "too perfect" for Jake.

5 comments:

  1. I thought of another prediction:

    Tanner the foot fetish guy will make an appearance as jake's friend and love advisor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this. First of all I love the title The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love.
    Secondly. As it is stated that Jillian and Ed will help in tonights decision I predict that Ed will get loose on some drinks and possibly hit on a couple of the 25 women.
    I agree with dugan on taking the over. Jake will be mentioned as perfect way too many times. I am also hoping for a cat fight with hair pulling at some point during the season. I hope there are also plays on Jake being a pilot throughtout the season such as love is taking flight or taking their love to new heights and the mile high club.
    It's going to be a great season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not a prediction but something I can hope for in the unintentional comedy category: Jake's Cowboy outfit from his first one-on-one with Jillian. Please let it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, I think this blog post makes me want to watch. I haven't watched in about 8 seasons. I'll tivo it and decide later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prediction:
    Caitlyn, Elizabeth from Nebraska (but resides in LA), Gia, Michelle, Rozlyn, Tenley from Oregon (but lives in So. Cal) and Valisha (So. Cal) all have the same agent and he gave ABC a group rate to use them all for this show.

    And Jake ends up with Vienna because she looks most like Jake's mom

    ReplyDelete