Sunday, February 28, 2010

Breaking News: Jason and Molly Sell Out


We've all been so wrapped up in the current season of the Bachelor with riveting drama, recycled plots and refreshed love of Chris Harrison. How great was the part of The Ladies Tell All when we got a glimpse of Chris seranading Jake with "On the Wings of Love"? It's endearing that Chris, the host of the show, might mock it more than any of us.

So, while we have been absorbed by Jake's season the past seasons have faded into the background. Until this morning when I learned of Jason and Molly's big news. Those in the know (and who follow the E! News ticker more closely than the NYT) will not be surprised. Molly and Jason wed on Saturday, February 27 with ABC as the maid-of-honor and best-man. This event is to be aired on March 8. Set your DVRs and consider this a small token from ABC to help with the post-Bachelor depression that will inevitably set in after tomorrow night's episode.


5 comments:

  1. My favorite part of the article: "American Idol's Jason Castro serenaded the couple with "Over the Rainbow" as they walked the aisle."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how bad the bachelor hangover will be. This season of the Bachelor is very similar to this season with warrior's season. "Recycled Plot Lines" with a sub-par cast and a leader who has checked out (Harrison / Nelson). I think Damon Bruce said it best when he called out Cohan for providing us with the "same brand of suck" every year. If Mike Fliess can't get Harrison back on board, successfully cover-up Ali's Wes-like manipulation of Jake (I can't wait to see the US Weekly story "Zuckerberg says, 'Facebook is not responsible for Ali leaving the show, we're a great company to work for and would have been flexible with Ali's decision to continue to persue love. Fact is she never asked. She did ask for time off to be the Bachelorette. And we have obviously giving that to her, because like I said, we're cool. I AM COOL. I AM!" I can't wait for the facebook movie!) and put some new wrinkles in the show instead of the same bungee jumping date, the bachelor is going to turn into fantasy baseball for me. I'll sign up but I'm not going to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was there any doubt Molly and Jason would sell out??
    I'm ready for the next season but I would also like to see a spin off happen. Maybe all the bachelor/bachelorette cast-offs can be put in a house to find love. Obviously there will have to be some sort of rose ceremony but I think this could be a great break between the 'serious' seasons and a way for us to still watch the favorites act up on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) mikeysmalz: i kinda have no idea what you're talking about. this is a bachelor blog. see Sports Guy for that pop-culture meets sports analysis.
    2) I can't believe we have anonymous commenters. that's so cool. (or wise on the part of the commenter. good call!)

    ReplyDelete