Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Inspiration from Television

I know that title could sound a little dramatic, or pathetic, or both. But reserve your judgment because I'm only talking about inspiration within the context of reality television. (judgment? hah, who are we kidding, YOU are the one reading an amateur blog about the Bachelor for crying out loud!)

Last night was quite a television watching evening. This blog title is no joke, friends. As we patiently waited to see if my latest vegetarian culinary venture would be a delicious success or disastrous inedible fail, we knew there was some time to kill before the Bachelor would be DVR-ready. You know, the usual 10 minute delay for Community or 30 Rock, 20 minute delay for Grey's Anatomy or ...40 minute delay for the Bachelor. We carefully scrolled through the DVR recordings to find something worthy of our time. Jackpot: new episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Better than Christmas, but what do I know? So our evening progressed wonderfully with the Kardashian girls (sorry Bruce) closely followed by Jake Pavelka, Chris Harrison, "the ladies" et al and THIS is where things get interesting. The inspired idea you've been patiently reading for ... reality TV mash-ups. Hello! OK, now that I've written my thought down, I'll admit it sucks. I can't figure out why I thought it would be cool last night, or this morning as I'm still thinking about it. That's so lame. But maybe I'm going somewhere with this ....

Like a song mash-up uses a solid background from one song, we would need to decide which show's format would be primary and then the other would get mixed in. So, it could look something like this: Real World/Road Rules Challenge premise, Bachelor contestants vs. Kardashians. Nope, still stupid. I blame this all on the Brokeback Mountain mash-up our spinning instructor played on Saturday. Messed me up! Crying in spinning class ... I can't quit you. Damn.

Bummer. Well, Tim's wonderful show recap is below and dinner was mildly more successful than this post. If I have any other terrible or stupid ideas ... you know where to find them!

8 comments:

  1. "Brokeback Mountain mash-up our spinning instructor played on Saturday" - ??????????????

    Do you guys go to the gym at the Supperclub ?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw I read this while listening to this weeks episode on HULU, its easily the most boring episode of TV ever, slower than any episode of Mad Men with no Don Draper to add any profound thoughts... Vienna just walked in on 'almost naked jake' and he assured everyone nothing would happen... no one is shocked... I'd rather run out in the rain than finish this episode... borrrrriiiinnnnng

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because I'm an idiot, I read this entire post thinking it was Tim discussing the mash up idea, and I was confused/amused about Tim's vegetarian cooking and brokeback spinning classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to admit that i was also at the spinning class. and i ate the vegeterian food. and i liked both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz said it best, "judgement? hah, who are we kidding, YOU are the one reading an amateur blog about the Bachelor for crying out loud!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I object to this blog's amateur status. I've just entered the world of triathletes and I feel the blogging world has a very similar dynamic. This blog is like the amateur athlete that beats a handful of the pro's times only without the sponsorships and $15,000 bikes. But as far as content/insight/humor is concerned this blog can hold its own against any TMZ journalism.

    ReplyDelete
  7. are you going to blog about lost

    ReplyDelete
  8. tim said he doesn't have time to blog about lost. (!) however, contributions are welcome!

    ReplyDelete