Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"I'm a catch. I just graduated law school and I'm an attorney-at-law."

Yes, ladies and gents, the Bachelorette is back! I never thought we would encounter such a wonderful mix of professions. We have nerds: attorney-at-law, financial advisor, IT consultant. We have blue collar: contractor, oil rig operator, trucking contractor. We have adventure: commercial pilot, photographer, Olympic cyclist. And we have a break-dance instructor! I can't wait to hear Jillian say, "Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would fall in love with a break-dance instructor."

A few observations:

1) Jillian takes certain expressions too far. Hot dog toppings. Looking for Mr. Invisible. I want to fall in love with my best friend.

2) The foot fetish guy is more likely to murder Jillian than win the final rose.

3) The attorney was great (see title of this post). I was sad to see him go. He left with humility and grace when he said, "Maybe she's just doesn't like awesome guys?" Maybe you're right.

4) 25 year old lifeguard? Don't you time out of that job at 19.

5) We placed a bet with a couple of our bachelorette-watching friends. Pick the best five out of the limo and we'll see who's "team" goes the furthest. Liz and I have Juan, Kiptyn, Wes, Jake, and Sasha. Erin and Eric have Juan, Kiptyn, Jesse, Mark, and Matthue.
Our inspirations for this blog, the Dugan, posed some interesting questions before the show aired last night. Most importantly, I should answer Dugan's most insightful question, "Will this be the most romantic season ever?" The answer is clearly...yes.

1 comment:

  1. The Attorney pulled a Dumb and Dumber and "totally redeemed" himself with his farewell. For me, that was the line of the night. How many of us cringed when Jillian picked the foot stalker. We all know right now this won't end well. There are two guys that are trying to out-do one another in the Gaston (BATB) look-alike contest. Everyone wishes the midget body builder was kept one for at least one more episode. The English guy was kept for some odd Canadian kinship to the Crown.

    This brings me to my final point which the end of the episode and the glimpses into future shows gave - we finally have people coming on the show with the hope of becoming the next bachelor/bachelorette than being selected. Of course, it is better to be the one choosing than fighting it out with 25, or 30, others.

    My guess - Chris Harrison and the magical love potion the producers mix up every year will crush these underhanded schemes as the gent or gents will eventually truly fall in love with our fair Jillian.

    This show is the best.

    ReplyDelete