Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's Britney, bitch. And I am back.

I'm back. With bells on. We had a great weekend in New York, but the most surprising part of our weekend was the very first "We Watch TV and Go to Movies" CELEBRITY sighting. As we were going through security, I noticed a nervous-looking, 6'4", 170 pound hipster. (No, it was not Tyra Banks).

In an effort to not be complete jerks, Liz and I restrained ourselves and did not say anything to him. BUT we did take a picture:

Does the guy reading the New York Times look familiar? Any guesses? Even though you may not be able see his sarcastic expression, that is Jim Halpert.

The experience of seeing a celebrity always makes me a little sad. Jim was not his normal funny self (Liz and I were our normal funny selves though...don't worry!). He seemed anxious that we would talk to him. Don't worry. We understand the "code."
The code did not stop me from thinking what I would have said to Jim. I settled on, "I really liked your work in Leatherheads." I'm guessing he would not have laughed.

Liz and I spent a good amount of time thinking about the celebrities we have seen in person (not at work, a book signing, or planned appearance).

So this begs the obvious question, what famous people have you seen in person? I would love to know. (I'm not counting athletes).

5 comments:

  1. It's Dugan, bitch. And I am back. Dugan has missed the blog. There was some big changes in email that lost my original Dugan blog following status. It is fixed, and I've added a picture for all of you blog followers that miss the midwest.

    Not counting athletes has caused a serious blow to my celebrity status. That, and how I can barely remember close friends and relatives...trying to figure out who celebrities are is way over my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just recently found out about the blog and I am very excited about this. Taking the California Cheese (and Tobacco) Show to the next level. I like it! Also, looking forward to a good Lost episode tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not counting athletes makes it real tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. theo von from road rules, etc. We were stuck in line together waiting to be transferred to a new flight back to LA from New Orleans. I avoided breaking the code by relying on my natural talent to remember faces but not names. I knew he was a celebrity from reality TV, but I had no idea what his name was, or even what show he'd been on. Talked baseball, talked about stand up comedy, talked about how much W hates black people, it was good times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahem. Are you sure this is WWTV&GTM's FIRST celebrity sighting? No lesser celebrities have been spotted, say, while dining with friends?

    Anyway, nice catch with Jim Halpert.

    Also, I'm ashamed to admit that the only celeb I recognize from the photos above is Firestone. This is not a knock on the caliber of celebs you've sighted, I'm sure they're all great. It's more of a knock on my low celeb-recongnizing intellect.
    - Vince

    ReplyDelete