Monday, August 2, 2010

Yo...Creo...Que....Me Encanto...La Bacheloretta.

As Dugan wisely said, we have reached our Super Bowl, the finale of the Bachelorette.

Roberto Meets Ali's Family

Ali's family is shockingly unattractive. She's obviously gone Hollywood while her family has stayed Amish.

Ali's Mom dropped some Espanol on Roberto. She also asks for Salsa dancing lessons. It seemed a little much when she asked if he could make some fajitas for the family. I thought it was especially inappropriate when she asked for the fajitas to be "Chili's style."

Ali's Dad "doesn't see a problem" with Roberto proposing to Ali. That's not exactly the vote of confidence that Roberto was hoping for. I don't see a problem with Parmesan cheese on my pasta. I don't see a problem with fast-forwarding through commercials.

Roberto whispers "adios" to Ali as he leaves. Liz thinks that was a real Enrique Iglesias-esque move.


Chris Meets Ali's Family

Chris seems to have huge Massachusetts advantage. The Amish love Chris L.

Not so shockingly, Ali's Dad was a high school physics teacher. Her Dad could really be a high school Physics teacher model. When I googled "high school physics teacher," a picture of Ali's Dad popped up!!!
Ali's brother reminds me of the younger brother from wedding crashers.

We've been reminded on this date that Chris L. is emotionally fragile. At work, we sometimes tell potential jurors that this is just not the right case for them. In much the same way, this was just not the right show for Chris L. He'd be better off on Dr. Phil.

Individual Moments

Roberto was confident he was going to win because it rained on his date with Ali. Sorry Roberto, Bora Bora has a rainy season that lasts from APRIL THROUGH OCTOBER.

Ali confirmed that the Roberto is not her type, saying that she never thought she would be interested in a guy that looked like him (aka knows how to speak Spanish). This just goes to show that our theory was correct that Mike Fleiss forced Roberto, a solid contestant, on Ali.

Ali informed Chris that the journey is coming to an end the next day and "she doesn't know what to do." This looked like a breakup when it started and then it became a breakup. Living up to her cover-of-People-magazine reputation, Ali "broke all the rules." At least Ali learned her lesson from Lebron and broke up with Chris Cleveland in a small press conference in his Bora Bora trailer. Chris basically locked up next-Bachelor status with the grace he handled that breakup.

I'd like to take a brief time out to thank the composer of this series. Whoever this person is, they deserve applause because this show isn't half a dramatic without the emotion-controlling tunes s/he produces.

Thankfully, Chris is comforted by a rainbow from Heaven. I was really excited with how happy that rainbow seemed to make him. Chris was probably not as excited as this guy though:



Si Se Puede

Sadly, we didn't get the dream ending that I had hoped. For a quick few minutes, it looked like Roberto was going to flip the script and reject Ali. That would have been too good to be true. We would have had to call that the reverse-Womack-double-Martinez.

I guess love won after all, and Ali got her "happy ending" (her words, not mine). It's enough to make kings and vagabonds to feel the love tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful ending, Tim. Show came with a nice twist. Instead of posting, I am going to give my last show comments here:

    Holy cow - where did Ali's family come from? Her father is a mix of an unfunny Bob Newhart (redundant) and Jonathon Pryce. You and I feel similarly about her brother - but I went with Alan from the Hangover except only the awkwardness. It's like her brother is the real character Alan was based on before they Hollywooded up the role for Zach G.

    It was good to see Khloe Kardashian get another role as Ali's sister and Penny Marshall come in to play Ali's mom.

    All in all, a pretty solid cast for Ali's family.

    And poor Chris. Their date went something like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/v/_9dGyPMcq-g&amp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, well done. I too was hoping that Roberto would reject her. For a split second when he was sweating profusely, I mean rambling all those thoughts to Ali, I was thinking "Sweet Jesus. He's going to do it." Oh well... onto my thoughts.

    When Roberto and Ali arrive upon the school of sting-rays, he acts like it was some random happenstance. Really Roberto? Where the hell did the feed come from then? You're not fooling me buddy.

    Was anyone else pissed with the stellar line Ali used after breaking Chris's heart and right before walking out? "Hang in there okay?" or as I like to pretend how it happened, "Hang in there Sport!" Really? That's all you could come up with Ali? If I were Chris my response would have been, "No I will not hang in there you dumb c$^&! My mom recently died and you just broke my heart on National TV. Go F yourself and how about you hang in there."

    Even though Chris is probably the frontrunner to be the next Bachelor, I'm saying no way. When they put him in those forced romantic settings he comes across way too awkward.

    My final thought is that I respect Frank a lot for shoving it up ABC's ass by not showing up at to the after the final rose special. He had nothing to gain by appearing. ABC would have tried turning him into this evil person and women would have ended up hating him more for whatever excuse he would come up with for why he did what he did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting that enrique video, I played it four times as I got ready for work this morning. Between the frank episode and the early break off with Chris there was a good 4 hours of this show that were fairly unwatchable... so non-dramatic they couldn't even force, the "most dramatic" anything on to this finale, which is obviously the #1 fatal flaw of the show... if it all works out its really boring. I think we should expect an even larger dichotomy of crazy people (to feed into the bachelor pad) and normal contestants (to legitimize the Bachelor(ette) franchises). Here's hoping the happy couple can keep it together longer than Jake and Vienna. I am thinking of doing an 'Ode to Roberto' post before the 'pad starts... maybe an epic poem (with illustrations of course).

    ReplyDelete